FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Reports on how UA is handling 'Enhanced Security' for flights to US?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:57 am
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Any Reports on how UA is handling 'Enhanced Security' for flights to US?

Hope it's ok to post in here, as I'm looking to hear how UA seems to be handling the enhanced security procedures for international flights to the US. As I'm sure many in here know, DHS has required this increased security for all international flights to the US.

Reports indicate it may take longer to get checked in, with potential interviews at check in, gate checks, etc. Can anyone comment on these...is it going back to the old....did you pack your bags yourself kind of questions, or is there more. Are check in lines actually longer? Security? Are more people finiding themselves getting SSSS?

I'll be flying two roundtrips to Canada this month (YYZ and YVR), and would like to know what to expect (especially since one flight departs really early). Anyone have experience flying from Canada since late last week? In a little more airine-generic procedures - anyone know if this would also have an effect on CBP pre-clearance procedures - either in regular lines or GE (which I do have). Specifically concerned if it involves significantly more security theater at checkpoints...CATSA was already ridiculous with this prior to the new rules, and wondering if its worse now.

Appreciate any insight.