FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Class of Service Downgrade Due to Equipment Change on Paid Itinerary Question
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:54 am
andersonCooper

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Rivarix
As mentioned by QRC3288 above, the price difference is minimal, if any. To give you an idea, I booked a flight for a relative (JFK-HKG-SIN) on a mixed itinerary (because connecting flight doesn't have Y+). I called CX directly for a mixed Y+ and J (instead of Y+ and Y). Price difference between regional Y and regional J (when connecting from long-haul Y+) was USD 50. BKK should be in the same ballpark. So something to consider the next time you fly CX to regional destinations where equipment swap is the norm.
While my own experience, in an ac swap situation I got upgraded from E to I, I could tell the price difference is indeed very small. E class (not sure if that's what OP booked) is very close to H for regional. Feel bad for OP, but regional J is pretty close to LH PEY IMO... (ISM comes down to say hi - OWE has that anyway; menu and food cart that shows you options, not a big deal for a short flight IMO)