FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Class of Service Downgrade Due to Equipment Change on Paid Itinerary Question
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:39 am
Rivarix

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by QRC3288
If you had booked EWR-HKG-BKK on a mixed PEY and Y itinerary, I'd generally bet the pricing was identical. Which unfortunately doesn't bode well for you.
Originally Posted by Joe1690
I also realize that they rarely help customers who have booked with online TAs but was curious before I reach out to Cathay Pacific to see what in fact should be the minimum remedy I should expect.
As mentioned by QRC3288 above, the price difference is minimal, if any. To give you an idea, I booked a flight for a relative (JFK-HKG-SIN) on a mixed itinerary (because connecting flight doesn't have Y+). I called CX directly for a mixed Y+ and J (instead of Y+ and Y). Price difference between regional Y and regional J (when connecting from long-haul Y+) was USD 50. BKK should be in the same ballpark. So something to consider the next time you fly CX to regional destinations where equipment swap is the norm.

Btw, does anyone know why CX doesn't offer mixed Y+ and J online? Is it system limitation or is it by design? For as long as I can remember, when the connecting flight doesn't have Y+, the option (online) for regional flight was always Y class. With price difference between B (or H) and I fare bucket relatively small (for regional when connecting from long-haul), I'm pretty sure many passengers would opt for J class instead of Y. It is a bit odd in this day and age that one needs to call CX (or ask TA) to get that option ...

Last edited by Rivarix; Oct 31, 2017 at 7:57 am