FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any disadvantage booking BA flight via AA?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:34 am
ABZLocal

Programs: Flying Blue Petroleum, BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by T8191
I've booked mixed BA/AA travel with both airlines, and with OTAs. All TPs have credited as expected, which is the OPs concern ... as it was mine!

I know Avios earning is sometimes less on AA, but that doesn't concern me greatly so I've never bothered to count them.

I do agree that AA's systems are generally more customer-friendly than BA's, whether involving minor rescheduling or more significant aspects such as a flight cancellation. OLCI is easier, and dynamic baggage tracking exists on the AA App. I'll leave the comparison there.
I completely agree with this. A small internal AA flight change resulting in arriving in to JFK 25 minutes earlier. I called up a couple of months in advance and they agreed to put me on to an earlier JFK-LHR flight and also an earlier LHR-ABZ flight the next morning. Never had that with BA.

Also, great for me when flying out last October when Hurricane Matthew resulted in flights being cancelled and their willingness to re-route.