FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Class of Service Downgrade Due to Equipment Change on Paid Itinerary Question
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:15 am
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Joe1690
My flight which is only a little over a month from now has just recently changed from a A350 to a 777W with the regional business class and coach. Cathay Pacific has decided to downgrade me from PE to coach since the route no longer offers PE.
responded at length in my post above, but just something small here:

CX does not have 77Ws (aka 777-300ER) in a regional configuration. Both of CX's 77W configurations ("77H" and "77G") have premium economy and long-haul products. The main difference is 77H is more premium, has F class, and 275 total seats. 77G is less premium, doesn't have F class, and has 340 total seats. But both have PEY.

You're likely referring to your sector getting swapped to the 777-300 or 777-200 (non -ER variants), both of which CX configures in a regional mode without PEY and regional J class. The 777-300 (non -ER) is a relatively rare variant flown by some Asian / Russian operators that was produced years before the 777-300ER first flew. They are almost always in high-density configurations as their range is significantly less than the 77W. Besides CX, they are flown by Korean, Thai, Emirates, and a Russian carrier. There may be one or two others but not many.

We maintain this spreadsheet which can keep you abreast of CX fleet and route configurations. Note the regional routes are highly variable.

Cathay Pacific / Cathay Dragon Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide