FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:05 am
ChocolateFactory

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I would like to stay at a Melia hotel for one night in January.
I signed up for Melia Rewards a few days ago, so my status is currently "White," but I've applied for the Amex Platinum offer that would give me free Gold status whenever that application has been processed.

The Melia rate at that property 465 USD is, whilst Amoma/Otel are selling rooms for 275 USD.
I've contacted the hotel directly (apparently the Melia BRG is even more of a joke than IHG's, they never approve claims) and they offered a rate of 300 USD.

I've also read that once you reach the Gold level, you get a 20% discount voucher - but I guess that would only be applicable to the official rate offered on the Melia website?

As the Gold benefits seem quite limited and I don't see myself staying at Melia more often in the future, do you think there is any point in booking for 300 USD instead of 275 USD through Amoma? Or should I wait until my status has been upgraded to Gold?

Such a weird program...