FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avianca Strike?
Thread: Avianca Strike?
View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:58 am
zoegksf

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by El Cochinito
I just spent 90 minutes on the phone with the call center in Medellin rebooking my LAX-BOG-MAD-BOG-LAX trip departing in mid-November. When you call in you'll be transferred to a special rebooking department. There were no English language agents available there due to the lateness of the hour.

My brother-in-law and son and I are booked in Business class on two separate PNRs so it was somewhat of a challenge for the agent to find flights that worked. BOG-MAD-BOG is still operating but LAX-BOG and BOG-LAX is cancelled through November.

Ultimately she rebooked us in C on TACA routing LAX-GUA-SJO-BOG and same on return. She sent confirmation e-mails while I was on the phone.

I have no idea what would have happened if I didn't check now and showed up at the airport. I can only imagine the lines and upset passengers.
I just got a re-route from Avianca too, by email. Total unacceptable. Now leaving LAX at 12:30pm to SAL on Taca then BOG at 00:01am, thus requiring me to book yet another night in BOG. As I said, I booked through Expedia, they however are not showing the change yet. I am going to pursue cancellation with Expedia, hopefully easier than dealing with Avianca.