FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another Hotel Advice Question, but with a Qualifier.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 11:20 am
SQ319

Originally Posted by dhammer53
We arrive in SIN at 4:30pm (1630) on a weekday, and depart the following morning at 0830. We'll have already spent 2.5. days in town the week before, at the Intercontinental 80 Middle Road near Bugis Junction.

After 2 days of touring the week before, I wouldn't mind staying in another neighborhood where we can spend a last evening before heading out the next morning.

We need a hotel for a night. I don't want to stay at the airport, but don't want to go to Sentosa either. I'm open to a suggestion as to what neighborhood will be 'fun', and have nice restaurants for our last dinner in town.

Some choices:
Colonial District
Chinatown - Financial District
Geyland
Little India
Novena

I suppose I could just stay at the airport since I'll have to pay for a taxi to and from no matter what.

Thoughts.

Thanks.
Colonial District - you should have spent some parts of your first 2 days exploring part of the colonial district. (I am not sure where exactly is the colonial district, and no one uses this term in SG, but I'm guessing it's the area around the Padang, Fullerton, Esplanade).

Chinatown - Financial District - Skip the financial district. It's boring.

Geyland - Plausible option to spend some time in the Joo Chiat district. The Indigo offers a good vantage point across the shophouses and it's just interesting walking through the area, with several good restaurants.

Little India - Good if you want Indian food and Mustafa. Consider the Wanderlust or the Vagabond Hotel.

Novena - Mainly residential. Skip.