FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - after upgrade to Comfort Plus seat unassigned
Old Oct 28, 2017, 12:53 pm
Contradancer

Programs: SkyMiles PM
after upgrade to Comfort Plus seat unassigned

This has happened to me twice recently: After being upgraded to Comfort+ with a seat assignment (either I liked the seat assigned and didn't change it, or saw a better one and changed it, I don't remember which though maybe one of each) I subsequently got unassigned the seat. The upgrade itself was still there and in one case I noticed in time to still get myself a good seat. In the other case by the time I noticed the only seat left was a middle seat--I haven't flown that flight yet and so far have decided to leave my seat unassigned--it can't get any worse than that middle seat.

Has anyone else experienced this? Both bookings are business trips booked using my employer-mandated online booking web site.

I have not investigated with Delta. I am in the software business and have worked with airline reservations software from time to time and remember that while lots of history about what happened to a reservation was stored in the history of the reservation one thing that was not stored was seat changes. It's been a while so maybe that's changed and I should call Delta and see if they can tell me what happened.