FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Screening Measures and "Interviews" for Passengers on US Bound Flights
Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:44 am
GaryD

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Lawsuits being successful against the government for the immediate actions of the airline and/or the airline’s contractor isn’t something I consider to be all that likely. This would be a more difficult challenge than even dealing with governmental no-fly blacklist hits depriving otherwise free US citizens of exercising a fundamental right to return to the country of citizenship.

The government has a history of even denying US citizens a US passport to return home absent some such citizens subjecting themselves to interrogation that may deprive them of their freedom by even placing them in jeopardy of being criminally prosecuted for their answers (honest or otherwise). And those are situations where hiding behind a corporate front doesn’t fly as well.
So I was wrong, and there are some responses that might result in worse than just an SSSS. I stand corrected.

I imagine some responses would also constitute crimes in the local jurisdiction, or evidence of crimes.