FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American CEO Doug Parker Attacks Mileage Runs...
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:56 pm
PaulInTheSky

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
as much as I don't like what he said, Dougie is right. Who should the airline try to keep happier: the flyer who spends an average of $.50 per mile flown or one who spends %.65 per mile? This is a business no-brainer. We're all just irritated that we can't do what we used to do to get the perks we want.
Like AA FT forum said very specifically, partner airlines would not give him or AA any information of what the ticket costs. This is actually a better incentive of us paying for premium cabin travel in OneWorld partners. As air travel has become more mainstream, it is imperative that you need to draw a line for customer service. So far, AA has failed miserably.

He can do/say whatever he wants Mr. Parker, but one thing for sure, good luck finding information from another partner airline other than maybe BA or JL. I for one would be happy to pay PEY/J fare on any OneWorld Premium carriers other than AA.

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
It really gets down to how he views the business: is it an airline or a virtual currency?

I'd argue that AA+DL+UA+WN have done much better with their virtual currency businesses than their airline business.
The latest program change told you all you need to know:

1. EQDs.
2. Don't care about 4-segment requirement, so you don't even need to fly AA to qualify for status. -> To me that means they don't care about loyalty at all.

Bold mine. Maybe for now, but please do not forget US3 was in the bankruptcy before. When you can always have the second chance like the United States generally provide, you can manipulate the spreadsheet any way you want.

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Oct 27, 2017 at 5:01 pm