FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF Changed my Ticket to Joon... MQM Earning
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:37 pm
Incoherent1

Programs: Delta DM, SQ Silver, Marriott Plat, Hotels.com Gold
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Originally Posted by C W
Welcome to FlyerTalk

I seriously doubt that Joon will be considered a SkyTeam member. This is similar to KLM's low-cost subsidiary Transavia which does not earn MQM unless it is a Delta codeshare.
I'm thinking the same, but here's the crazy thing, (also highlighted earlier by @davetravels ): in many cases, Air France has completely removed all AF-metal flights on major intra-Europe routes (as one example: Dec 26, CDG-BCN has zero flights operated by AF -- all are operated by Joon). That seems crazy to me, and would have massive implications for their network if Joon is not considered SkyTeam.

Although it also seems crazy for Air France to to cease operations on major intra-Europe routes and shift their entire product line to an ill-conceived and poorly named airline whose website is practically non-existent, so who knows?

One other thing: when I put in my DL credentials, it did confirm me as SkyTeam E+ (and confirmed my extra bag allowance and ability to select a seat), so here's hoping that's some suggestion that it'll be credited as a SkyTeam flight, but who knows (and this could easily be a bug, because I entered those credentials when it was still marketed as an AF flight).

Originally Posted by C W
Considering that your operating carrier changed, you should get a free rebooking. Maybe take advantage of that if you want other changes to your itinerary. Although having booked through Expedia makes that process much harder, one of the many reasons to stay well away from OTAs.
Yeah, I may seek a rebooking. I normally avoid Expedia too, but I must've booked during the change over because I couldn't find any flights CDG-BCN on AirFrance.com the day I booked. I found it bizarre that Expedia had flights that the carrier's own website didn't. Now I know why.

Originally Posted by C W
Beyond all the normal LCC misery, you'll have to suffer perhaps the most patronizing airline concept that ever actually made it to fruition after escaping from the bowls of some vacuously millennial-obsessed consulting firm.
This is my all-around favorite thing I've read on the internet this week! Thank you!