FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Partner Mileage Accrual Changes Effective Jan 2018
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:03 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by Incoherent1
I'm confused by this. I thought with the new joint venture that we'd see Korean move up to a Group 1-3 airline and at least get some MQMs when flying KE metal...

Is this because the joint venture is pending some kind of regulatory approval, or is this where we should expect KE to remain for the foreseeable future?

Sad and funny, considering all those DL pre-flight videos about "Our amazing partners" that they're still [currently] gutting any incentive to fly on KE as an Elite.
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Wish the KE earnings would get to Group 1. Maybe someday (have two flights with them in the next week, but I’m sure nothing will happen prior to then).

The MQD changes for partner flights on AF/KL is a big improvement. Those had been really crappy, now will come much closer to reflecting actual ticket price.
I don't think that they have any reason to change KE until the joint venture actually starts. Despite both being in SkyTeam, they compete on some routes and as there is no revenue sharing yet, Delta wants its customers to keep flying Delta.