FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)
View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:24 pm
Andriyko

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I stayed here two weeks ago for a weekend. It was my third stay in as many years, and I really liked it.

I booked an Executive room because I really wanted some space, and their standard rooms are really small (and you never know if you'll get an upgrade).

The day before check-in my reservation changed to a Suite, and on the day of arrival I noticed that it changed to an Executive Suite.^

I took the last flight of the day from Kiev so arrived rather late. Had a very friendly check-in agent who informed me about the upgrade, breakfast and the use of the Executive Lounge. As I was very tired all I had the strength to do was have a drink (or three) in Le Grand Salone.

(picture was taken the next day)

I loved the room. The Executive Suite was basically a standard room, a toilet and a separate bathroom (shower only) in-between and a living room. It was clean, well-appointed and just very nice.

(bedroom)

(shower)

(living room)

I had breakfast in the breakfast room. The selection was very nice (and so was the service). All the cold cuts you can think of (smoked salmon, all sorts of meats and cheeses), and the typical hot food. They even had herring, which we love here in Ukraine, but I was not sure that it is something people eat in Western Europe. I believe there was an option to order something off a limited menu for a fee (not sure if it is waived for Honors elites).

I had lunch at Le Pain Quotidien, which is on property, and enjoyed it a lot. The service was rather slow (especially when that glass of Prosecco could not have arrived quicker), but the food was great. Very fresh and tasty.

(Soup of the day and Quiche Lorraine)

(Soup of the day and Toasted Chicken & Organic Compte - this one was my favourite)

I also had dinner at Le Grand Salone one night, and was not disappointed.

(Black Angues Beef & Butter Chorizo Sauce)

(Baba au Rhum - I could not say 'no' to this fantastic desert)

I stopped by the Executive Lounge both in the morning and in the evening, and was underwhelmed. The breakfast selection was rather limited, and the evening selection did not look that appealing (although, I must admit, I was not going to eat there anyway). There were two wines on offer (no champagne or sparkling wine), and some hard spirits.

A really great stay, and a really great hotel. Cannot fault anything.

Last edited by Andriyko; Oct 27, 2017 at 6:06 am Reason: Could not quite figure out how to post pictures :-)