View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 17, 7:37 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I remember staying at the fabulous [mod: hotel name redacted] in downtown San Francisco for a week. It's the hotel also used by the British Airways crew. Every day for seven days there was a new crew coming in.

I remember overhearing some of the younger flight attendants complain at the pool about passengers in business-class on the flight they just serviced. None of them seemed to understand (1) how much business-class costs and (2) that people who pay that much money have certain expectations.

Part of the problem, of course, is the pay for these flight attendants is so low that few of them probably have ever been in a position where they could afford international travel in business-class, let alone first-class. Thus, they have no idea.

I remember reading about the famed Peninsula chain of hotels. They give each of their new hires a free weekend stay at one of their hotels, all of which are five-star hotels (often in the top five hotels in every market). They do this because they want their staff, across every department, to understand what their guests expect.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Oct 30, 17 at 4:25 pm Reason: Remove CC hotel name for privacy