View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 17, 2:27 am
Raffles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by ermis177 View Post
I went once to the open day and managed to pass all the tests etc apart from the final interview (i was not going to take the job anyway as i had a better job offer the same week). The majority of people are either young females who things being a FA is like 20 years ago or males (usually LGBT) that like the idea of flying abroad. The salary is quite low unless you live close to the airports etc but of course they make a big presentation when you get there. You know working for BA blah blah etc. The really sad thing is that after all the assesments and before the final interview we were a bunch of 20 people or so left and they said they will provide lunch ( bear in mind the whole assesment was about 8 hours!). The lunch was a small bag of crisps and a ham and cheese tesco sandwich. That was during 2015. I will not be shocked if they dont provide any lunch nowadays or maybe just the crisps....
Someone I had lunch with recently at another airline told me they once interviewed with BA for a management role. They booked a flight for the interview. BA moved the interview date. BA would not refund the cost of the first flight .... booked on BA.