FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:07 am
prech

Originally Posted by Microwave
I screwed up pretty good and signed up for the Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card and missed the 3 month window to spend $3k by about 3 weeks. I contacted Chase by private message and asked if I could get a short extension, and was told to find a fencepole to sit on.

My questions are:

• Is it even worth calling Chase and asking again?
    • I could meet the minimum very quickly, I've just had a million things going on and this was way down my priority list.
  • If there's no way to extend, how quickly could I churn the card and reapply?
    • I don't actually play the credit card game—I only got this card as I switched my flying from AA to UA so needed a United credit card. I actually intended to keep it long term, but I'm certainly not going to do that without getting a bonus of some sort so I'm willing to do a bit of dancing if I need to.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Unfortunate situation -- I'd give Chase a call to verify the min spend date. It's almost always 115 days, not exactly three months, to account for variations and such.

Worst comes to worst, I'd hold on to the card for a year and consider downgrading it to the no AF version. You'd be eligible for the sign up bonus every 24 months, so can time your new MPE app for past that date