FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore St Regis [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:18 pm
chad75

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by bhrubin
For others, myself included, luxury is about nice rooms, excellent service, and great food/beverage. Luxury by hotel standards is often as much about the average daily room rate as anything else.

I think too many Plats in this thread are confusing what makes a good/luxury hotel and what their Platinum benefits entitle them to during their stay. There's a difference.
Have to agree to disagree on this one.

I'm the first to agree maybe I'm unable to judge a nice hotel. In the last twelve months my stays at upmarket hotels in Singapore have been limited to five nights at a suite at the MO which I really quite enjoyed and four nights in a club room at the RC which was a nice hotel, but not really to my tastes. So more then happy to be given food for thought from someone like yourself with more experience in Singapore hotels - that's what flyertalk is all about.

I do agree that main restaurant at the St Regis is good. I guess "nice" is subjective but the Caroline Astor Suite at SR is not what I consider nice. It's tacky to talk about room rates and yes I may have been upgraded but the cost of my stay is still close to 2k over three nights - so I think a basic level of service should still be expected.