FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA - LAX-SFO-HIKA-Guam and return via UA Pacific Islands $442 <2.8cps
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:33 pm
sfsouthbay

Programs: UA 1K3M, Marriott(SPG) Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by jayhawk17
i did the westbound island hopper a couple years ago. i got off the plane at the first stop (Majuro), went through customs and ended up outside the airport. i took a couple pictures and tried to get back to the gate. the security area was closed and locked! i started to panic when nobody showed up. i asked around and they said just wait, somebody would come but NOBODY did. i was getting worried that the flight would take off without me. and the thing about the island hopper is that it only makes this trip every few days so if i had missed the flight, i would have been stranded for a couple of days! finally, after what seemed like forever, i found somebody who worked for united and she got security to reopen the gate. let's just say i didn't leave the plane on any of the rest of the stops...
wow that sounded scary! the last thing I'd want is to be stuck like that. Glad it worked out in the end!