FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crediting miles flown on South African Airways into Aeroplan
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:59 am
canadianhockey91

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by zhaobao
Made a booking with a travel agent for two people on SAA. One has SQ membership and the other has AC membership. The travel agent managed to enter the SQ frequent flyer info into the system (and in fact, under Manage My Booking under SAA, the frequent flyer number shows up with the right date of birth). However, the travel agent cannot enter the AC number for the other traveller. The message is "frequent flyer number not existent". When I went online to try to enter it myself, the system refused to update. Then I called SAA. They said they can "force enter" the number, but cannot verify whether the number is actually correct. They also said that there may be a linkage issue between Amadeus/SA/AC. Does this make sense ?

Any advice on how to proceed ? Just keep the boarding pass info and request missing miles after 14 days ?
As per the above post link I had many issues with this. Flew Feb, uploaded the boarding passes two weeks after. I called in 3 times between Mar-June with no luck saying waiting for SAA etc etc. Got a supervisor in Aug who said wait another month. Waited, called in Sept and then FINALLY Aeroplan manually entered the points. They said they also manually entered the segs for my AQS but it does not appear on altitude and according to them is ok...I have my doubts but we will see. It was a big pain and ordeal.

-that being said my friend I traveled with had his ticket on ac stock 014 and uploaded his boarding passes and got credited quite quickly. Mine was booked through united as we were returning to different cities in Canada.