FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:53 am
BobServant

Programs: BAEC Gold
Timescale for refund to be processed

So, I have been in correspondence with BA since late August about a downgrade from First on an award flight. After going round in circles with customer relations I wrote to refunds to request a refund and highlighting that I expected this to be 75% of the fare paid.

I got an email on 10 October from Refunds saying:

“I would like to inform you that I have checked our records and found that there is no tax difference for the above booking due to downgrade. Further like to advise that the booking is queue for redeposit of applicable avios.”

This is odd as my request was for 75% of fare - I can see why taxes might be excluded from this refund but not the carrier surcharge.

Also there was nothing to say what “applicable Avios” are and nothing has appeared in my BAEC account in the last two weeks.

Any idea how long the refund will take to process?

And call me a cynic but I am assuming it isn’t going to be 75% of the ticket (or even the segment on which I was downgraded) segment, so any views on whether it’s best to pursue this via CEDR or MCOL?

Finally, am I right in thinking CEDR would be a claim for the Avios and MCOL my claim would be for the cost of replacing the Avios at current prices...

thanks in advance!