FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:24 pm
Retron

InterContinental Tokyo Bay

InterContinental Tokyo Bay
Visit 2 - 23rd October

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 2x Club bay view premium, received one Club bay view premium and one corner room - the same room I had last year, and the same upgrade.
Again the gift was a flannel, although this time I had 600 bonus points post as well - I've never been offered these, nor have any posted from my two previous visits.

How are the rooms?
Both rooms were oversized compared to normal rooms (around 42sqm), as the bathroom was outside the normal footprint. The rooms were quiet, the air-con worked well and the bed was comfy. As this was just an overnight stop between arriving back from Sapporo via train and heading back to Heathrow early the next morning (leaving the hotel at 5AM) the main thing was just getting some sleep.

How is the exec. lounge?
As before, it was busy. We were asked to check in via the lounge, as the main reception was busy.

What was good and what was bad?
Good: As before, the hotel's close location to Hamamatsucho came in handy. There was an amusing bit on checkout, though, as they didn't seem to believe we didn't need a taxi to the station! "Oh really", said the doorman when I replied we were fine with walking (with massive suitcases in tow).
The rooms were comfortable and served the purpose well.

Bad: Nothing of note.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
At half the price of the suites, the rooms did the job well and were good value for money IMO. I will return again in two years' time, when I next visit Japan.