FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels in Thailand
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2004, 10:23 pm
dogcanyon

Originally Posted by FlyingRabbit
my wife and I are planning a trip to Thailand this next September. Our travel agent has suggested us to visit Ko Samui, PhiPhi, Phuket and Bangkok, staying 3 days in each place. Suggested hotels were Impiana (Ko Samui), Island Village (Phi-Phi), Kata Beach (Phuket) and the Sofitel Silom (Bangkok). Would anyone know anything about these hotels? I've been to the websites, but first hand info would be highly appreciated.

Do you think it is necessary to visit all these places? Wouldn't it be better to focus on maybe 2 of them and that's it? Just so you know, we are much more beach people than city people, and do not really care for typical shows or nightlife, and above all, we hate crowded places. If we had to focus on two islands only, what would be the best choices?

Thank you kindly.

FR
Although the boat ride to Ko Phi Phi is spectacular, I found the island itself disappointing. We stayed at the Phi Phi Natural Resort and the small private beach at the resort had loads of trash (plastic, paper, bottles, cans, you name it). The larger beach near the other resorts (Holiday Inn, etc.) was not as littered, but certainly was nothing special and definitely not a place to "get away from it all". I would be more inclined to do Bangkok, Phuket, and Ko Samui. The Marriott Resort in Phuket for $43 a night on Priceline was definitely the best hotel value I have ever found.