FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Lounge PHL (opened 31 Oct 2017)
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:05 pm
durche63

Programs: United 1K, Frontier Platinum (lol), fmr Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Smile Hurry up AMEX!

Originally Posted by QtownDave
As PHL is my home airport I’m really looking forward to the club because I miss the service and food in the old envoy club. Will be interested to see how it compares with the new redone AA club. But I too hope that they will have more basic less sophisticated food. One or two fancy or unusual items to try? Great! Everything like that? I hope not.

On a a side note, how do these clubs, which I would guess are not cheap, help Amex’s bottom line? I have the card for my business but I’m not sure I would get it just for club access. Am I in the minority?
The Centurion Lounge attracts members and our $550/yr annual fees add up to thousands of dollars per cardmember over the years. Have you noticed that AMEX has been bombarding us with ads at PHL? I guess they brought this in to close the deal. Also, I totally agree with you about the food... I'd love to try some new things, but food that is upscale but appeals to a wider audience would be much better for the majority of their clientele.