FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA - LAX-SFO-HIKA-Guam and return via UA Pacific Islands $442 <2.8cps
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:28 pm
luv2ctheworld

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by irelayer
My only worry is...what happens if you miss one of those island connections? Do you have to wait until the next day?

-IR
Originally Posted by NecessaryIndulgences
That's not really an issue. You're on the ground for 20-30 minutes tops at each stop. You can't really go anywhere. You've got time to get a passport stamp if you want, use the head, grab a drink from the little gift shop or vending machine, and then re-board the aircraft.

They used to only let half the passengers off at each stop - left side of the aisle or right - but when we went they didn't really enforce this. We got off at every stop except Kwajalein, which is not even a stop on the East-bound flight.

Availability on this $442 fare picks back up again mid-August and continues to EOS if Feb-May doesn't work for you.
You would have to seriously screw up/self-sabotage yourself to miss the flight.

Based on what I have researched when I was looking into this, you cannot really go anywhere other than a limited portion of the airport.

I suppose if you do get yourself "lost" you could get on the next day's flight; whether there will be a financial penalty for "missing" your flight, I have no idea. I'm presuming the gate agent would be seriously questioning any reason or story one could have as the missing pax walks up to the podium and say, sorry I missed my flight (considering it is the exact same plane that brought the pax in).

Somewhere in the UA island hopper thread there have been some ancedotal evidence it can be done. It's been a while since I read it.