FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:24 am
Tyzap

Originally Posted by KARFA
Thanks Tyzap. However, this is just general threads and comments on every aspect of EC261 compensation.

I had thought based on your comments that you were referring specifically to strikes and that you may be aware of some cases where CEDR has ruled that strike action doesn't constitute extraordinary circumstances - is that the case? Can you let us know which cases these are if so?

On Mattt1's case we obviously don't know any details so it is very difficult to be drawing any conclusions.
No, you have misunderstood what I was saying.

In my second paragraph I was referring to all other CEDR cases, not specifically to do with strikes. It was a general comment about CEDR, and how most airlines force claimants to go down this path unnecessarily.

In Mattt1's case it is not clear, but he seems happy with CEDR who have, presumably, found in his favour. Any possible confidentiality clause would have been enforced by BA's solicitors after the CEDR finding.