FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied suite upgrade when one was available Wyndham Deerfield Beach - Diamond member
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:39 am
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by Wyndham Alison
Hi CCMember!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience on property. I would like to investigate this further and take any corrective action that is necessary. Will you please private message me your Wyndham Rewards member number and dates of stay at the Deerfield Beach property. --Wyndham Alison
As a newly minted Diamond level member, I'm curious as to how this situation was resolved.

To be honest, I don't really expect to be upgraded into a suite, much less anything else. My prior Platinum status has never before been mentioned or acknowledged at check-in and I suspect many of the desk clerks aren't even aware of such things and couldn't care less regardless. Indeed, my first experience as a Diamond level member was that upon calling the hotel for pickup after my late night arrival, I was informed that the hotel had been overbooked. I was left with absolutely nothing except a rote apology. Beyond that, no help relocating me to another property or anything else. Just "Sorry". At 1:00am.

The primary benefit of Wyndham Rewards for me is a good selection of decently priced properties and the GoFast Awards.

The fact that there's no active thread here addressing other's experiences with these Diamond upgrades suggests that they either aren't happening very often or that the few Diamonds that post here may not care enough to address this issue anyway. Either way, I'm satisfied with the good rates I get though in the interests of program integrity I think Wyndham Rewards would do well to drop this upgrade tease (especially since most of the desk clerks I've encountered have no idea about things like program status) and perhaps instead reward us Diamonds with say, double points.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Oct 24, 2017 at 3:55 am