FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - help me tweak uber experiences as a passenger
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:07 pm
chgoeditor
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by phillygold
Funny that you mention this experience. Last month, I was meeting a good friend for dinner in Manhattan. She works in Jersey City, NJ and because she had lots of items to haul home from the office, decided to utilize Uber rather than PATH.
Roughly 15 minutes after our reservation time, she called me from the car. Her driver had no clue as to where he was...and was now in Brooklyn! After several missteps, she was delivered to the restaurant over an hour late. The driver admitted to her that he had never driven outside of NJ, and this was his first time in NYC. I believe that she gave him a poor rating.
I had a similar experience in Chicago. Going from Lakeview (north side) to Lagunita's (southwest side). After the driver got off at Michigan Ave. (at noon on a Saturday) and then proceeded to say to me, "Sorry, I've never driven in this part of town before," I asked him where he was from. Rockford, Ill., which is about 90 miles away. Apparently, he said, you make a lot more money driving in Chicago!