FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:08 am
ACYYZ/SD

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by 24left
Yes, but AC doesn't tell you in advance what type of service is offered. They only show an *

....along with the other points I made in my earlier posts

Originally Posted by Bartolo
... and main courses for dinner on the SYD flight are not international standard. More like NA J. I think some else mentioned this. Not plated onboard, small portion. Actually, pathetic.

But, they serve the omelette before landing Just like NA J tray but a little embellished. They also don’t take breakfast orders in advance like on the Europe flights.
Some background info here. After extensive surveys, audits and type-trials, extra-late departures have transitioned to an Express Late Supper based on Customer feedback. Particularly on YVR-SYD, a late midnight departure, the overwhelming preference was for a quick all-inclusive dinner and sleep. Pre-change, it was not uncommon on late departures to have in excess of 50% + waste, nor did it make sense to be offering the full meal deal until 0200 as Customers were nodding off.

Breakfast orders are not generally taken for the second meal service on ULH flights, as again, Customers are in sleep mode, however FF Status is observed when offering the entrees.

Last edited by tcook052; Oct 23, 2017 at 10:42 am Reason: fix quotes