FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SNA cleared, told must check out by 2pm, denied option to move standard room
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:15 pm
BRITINJAPAN3

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by slidergirl
Wrong. We may love what we do - why else would we stay in the business - but we are actors in the Front of the House. We have to always present a smile and be welcoming and engaging. And, it is not "from time to time" for that "difficult guest", but multiple times a week. Yes, we keep it smiling through all of them. But, that does not mean that, in the back office or in our personal life, we find some of them an annoyance. More than a few times, agents and managers I have worked with (and me also) had to walk to the back to cry because some rude guest decided it was permissible to verbally assault someone at the Desk. I've had a tablet shoved in my face because someone though they deserved any suite as a freebie, not the select standard suite. I had a guest literally jump up on the Front Desk and make a scene. I never said ALL guests. I've had guests who where an absolute joy and pleasure to serve, actually the vast majority have been that way.

I'm asking for the mod to close this thread as it has become far too off base and has turned into people bashing other people. It's feeding on itself. As for those who have PM'd me with positive thoughts, thank you. It let me know there are actually some decent SPG members out there who don't lie about me being fired, wanting to know where I work so they can ask that I get fired, wanting to know where I work so they won't stay there...
Just feel the reaction from you shows some sort of chip on the shoulder and you comments about customers show a deep dislike which is unusual and I would have thought not great for FD work. I am sure there are some unpleasant customers, but the FD staff I know relish the challenge of turning them into pussycats !

Not sure anyone can simply request mods to close ( well anyone can ask) but to be fair it was youself that started the bashing and seemed suprised others may have a difgferent point of view.

And if it really needs saying again, this is a an SPG guaranteed benefit.

Last edited by BRITINJAPAN3; Oct 23, 2017 at 5:10 am