FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - bumped from TATL J award seat, new flights (to merge)
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:31 pm
kb9522

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by susiesan
I have two J award tickets for tomorrow, Oct. 22 from MCI-DFW-MAD on AA ,MAD-BCN in IB. With less than 24 hours before the flight AA calls me and says they have to bump one of us from our J seat because they need it for an extra pilot. Huh, what's with that? I asked them to bump someone else but they said I'm the only one, likely because my seat is an award seat and I have not status other than Gold. Our only option was to take an involuntary downgrade or completely different flights at much much earlier times.

I was not willing to fly econ so I took the new flights MCI-CLT-JFK-BCN in J on AA the whole way. I had to scramble to contact my airport drop off service and pick up in Barcelona as all flights are 6 hours earlier than the original plans. AA has also sent me 2 $500 vouchers for future travel which I don't think is enough.

I used all of my remaining AAdvantage miles for this trip and was hoping to be done with flying AA forever but now I'm stuck with them orI lose $1000.
Is this a "vent" thread, or is there a legitimate complaint buried in here?

You have (almost) no status and you're on award travel. Who do you expect them to bump when must-fly personnel need a seat?

The compensation they provided is astoundingly generous by the way.