FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO Club gt 98 closed - Polaris policy not let me in - but wd let my wife in!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:53 am
jpr1953

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Question SFO Club gt 98 closed - Polaris policy not let me in - but wd let my wife in!

Just arrived SFO on way to TPE - The usual club at gt98 was closed...no signs along the way to indicate!!....my wife is in BUS - I am on GPU - waiting to see if I make the upgrade... - they would not let me in to the Polaris club. (By the way same in Term C in OHare this week- only Polaris club is open - I was on a paid first class domestic tkt but not allowed into the club!). Anyway - wonder what people think about the Polaris only clubs - I am a bit miffed I guess - I am 2MM, 1K for years, AND I paid life member of the club in 1989!!! (It was a decent amount of money). I understand UA wants to keep us rabble out of the Polaris clubs, but, I paid big time for club membership and it was a forward investment/risk I took. The clubs are crammed (there is not a single seat available in Gt 68 club right now).....

so UA is spending big for business travelers...I guess its a purely business decision as that is probably where they bring in the most $$..my point I guess is I pay (paid for life) for club membership (its not my flight status that gets me in) but I don't qualify to get into Polaris unless I am in BUS..