FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:03 am
OsakaWino

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I hate the Shangri La and the FS has been soft refresh but the lobby and other common areas are plain.

The IC club lounge experience is exemplary.
We could live with plain at the FS, but as I've been searching around FT to more information, I came across your "flies on the food" and other comments, so I left it off our short list.

I'm glad to hear something nice about the IC, we can get a 70 m2 suite (mainly so as to get a walk-in shower rather than a bath/shower combo) for A$515, and the Virtuoso benefit is lounge access.

Do you mind my asking why you dislike the S-L. It is more expensive than the IC, and the Virtuoso benefit is not as good, but as Stargold says, the hard product is a lot newer than the IC and the view may be better.

I certainly would have liked to stay at the PH, but I really cannot justify that high a rate. We stayed there twice back in 2001, before the renovation of course, but the rates was A$300/night, including breakfast!