FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A credit card transaction did not show up
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:29 pm
savingwizard

Do your available credit take into account your transactions in question?
If so, maybe it will finally post.
Some cards will drop the pending transaction but available credit still consider these hidden pending charges.

Originally Posted by wangxinqing
I am not sure whether this is is the good place to post this thread, but I did not find a better place. So, please remove this thread to another place is necessary.

This was what happened to me:

On August 13, 2017, I purchased some gift cards from Sam's Club to get some cash back. On August 14th, I did the same thing. These two transactions had exactly the same amount. After purchasing, both transactions appeared in the Pending section of my credit card. Several days later, the transaction I made on August 14th, 2017 was posted. However, the one I made on August 13th, 2017 directly disappeared. Today is October 20th, 2017, and the transaction I made on August 13th, 2017 still did not show up on my credit card.

I certainly do not want to take advantage of that. I think that I need to pay off that money that I spent.

I called Sam's Club.com, and they said that they could not do anything because the transaction was not made via their website. They mentioned that I need to contact the local branch of the Sam's Club. I then called the local Sam's Club. They said that they could not do anything and I had to contact the credit company. I finally called the credit card company. The credit card company said that they could not see the transaction and the only way to deal with it is to go to the store and make the transaction again. I told them that I have already gotten the items that I purchased. But they insisted that the transaction did not go through because they could not see it.

What should I do right now? Just take the money and enjoy it? What if the transaction finally show up after a certain amount of time?

I know this kind of things have been discussed somewhere else (http://www.oregonlive.com/finance/in...on_your_c.html), but my situation is a bot different: The amount of the transaction was not small.

Any comments or thoughts are highly appreciated. Thanks for reading and have a nice weekend!