FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Domestic Business - disappointing
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:18 am
Flame3601

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by og
I know one flight may not be representative, but after a fully packed BA JNB-CPT evening flight and a near empty return evening SA CPT-JNB both in Business, I’d choose BA any day. The BA crew worked the front cabin constantly - drinks, food, tea, towels etc. SA crew did a drinks service and delivered the meals then retreated to the galley for quality chat time with their colleagues. No checking on drinks or offering tea / coffee. I was hoping for a nice (attentive) flight since the cabin had only 5 pax in it - instead I was able to “maximise my personal time”. Its an easy choice next time .....
Agree , with the same price on the routing and such a difference in service the choice is really clear .... BA all the way. BA in J is truly fantastic , actually had one of the best crews I've ever had on a BA flight on the CPT-DUR via PLZ sector. I did notice that it seems SAA crews work a harder roster thou , however the overall feeling is still meh on SAA, even on good days, while even on the odd bad experience with BA it leaves you feeling somewhat satisfied. I only wish both would get separate J busses for when boarding is at remote gates thou