FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - sbb saver day pas
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:32 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
With the locked phone issue what I do is to turn roaming off and connect to a free wifi when I need it. Every Swiss station has a free wifi connection, so I just buy my ticket using it (or call up a prepaid saver ticket) and the controller (conductor in English) can scan. It works perfectly offline. I'm doing it on a daily basis just now. Of course, you need to download the SBB app.

I am very interested in the saver day ticket, I would like to go to Kandersteg next week. Where should I be looking for it? There is a slight disadvantage if you pre purchase a day ticket: if you are going hiking and it turns out to be raining on the day you planned to go then the ticket is wasted.

By the way, I think those day tickets are far too expensive with the half fare card. CHF73 or whatever is a lot of money.
WITH a 1/2 fare card, saver day passes purchased 30 days in advance are "advertised" as 29SFR/2nd class and 49SFR/1st class (with increasing prices up to the day before travel). The real saving comes if you use them on weekends (when the 9 o'clock day cards are not valid).