FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore St Regis [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:38 am
LuisHK

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I'd give a call down to or stop by and speak with the front desk manager in the morning whenever convenient...just to be sure. If it was curious enough for you to post concerns here, it's curious enough to confirm/check in the morning. Either way, they need to know that check in was handled curiously and unimpressively.
I have not got a chance to speak with the manager due to my work commitments, but I'm going to find time to do it.

This is not my 1st time at StR Singapore so I do know that service can be patchy at times - but my interaction with the front desk staff this time round gives me a feeling that they are absolutely clueless. They cannot get simple things right!

Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN3
Unfortunately all the critcisms I have seen over the years keep coming back again and again. It is clear that there is a deep problem with the management here. It is a strange hotel for me, not to everyones taste but the lack of service in such a level of hotel left me dumbstruck. I keep an eye hopeing someone comes in and makes the charges , all of which would not be so tough , and then I might try again, but I guess I am wasting my time.
I'm staying here sporadically because my wife loves the rooms - however the service (lack of) is slowly eroding my confidence with the staff. The hotels seems to be run by an interim GM called Matthias Sutter, anyone knows who he is?

Originally Posted by m0hamed
.... and even the Bentley Chauffeur asked us if we were interested in where to find "The Four Floors of xxxs."

He may not have been aware that we are a gay couple, but regardless it's inappropriate and revolting for a hotel of this level.
Ouch! that was really bad! Such conversations should never had taken place.