View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 17, 8:48 pm
BUT777

Programs: CX DM, A3 Gold
My experience some weeks ago. My ticket was LHR-ATH-Mykonos, request for upgrade (only for LHR-ATH) around 2 months out, checked EF it was I9. Agent said she cannot do it although she saw it is available on LHR-ATH, but because my ticket is to Mykonos, it is like a married segment, so she has to send to another department. Called and checked one month out, it is still waitlisted. Called one week out, T-48hrs, T-24hrs...no luck (EF still showing I3), agent asked me to check at airport. At the check in desk, the agent told me there is still 3 seats left and asked me to check at the gate. At the gate around 10mins before boarding time, agent said flight is closed, and she made some phone call, minutes later, she gave me my new boarding pass and told me because it is last minute, they may not have a meal for me. Not a problem, but later on the plane, I even got my first choice. And it was booked in C, so I got the extra miles from C. And of course, avoided the extra fee/tax for premium cabin.