FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Discrimination (allegation) on Flight 996
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:09 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Ms. Perry

We are a forum for frequent travelers who exchange ideas. This is not a way to contact American Airlines.

I'm not sure what to say of your experience as I was not there. I will say that some of us, including myself, sometimes make conclusions based on perceptions that might not be fully accurate.

I don't understand why you believe there was some form of discrimination. In my experience, most of the passengers in business on AA flights to/from deep South America are Hispanic. When I traveled on AA in business to Hong Kong, I believe most of the other passengers were Asian. As these flights are overnight, many people are dressed very casually, so I don't think there would be much perception of clothing.

Sometimes, however, some of the flight attendants on long haul AA flights can get cranky. I wasn't particularly happy with the service I had on a recent long haul flight. The flight attendant ignored me and I had to go to the galley anytime I wanted anything but I don't think it was because I was a white guy.