FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - iOS 11 (or iOS 11.0.3)
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:49 am
HDQDD

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by CPRich
Every single iOS upgrade in history has come with news of "battery problem" complaints. And a bunch of news articles that pick out the 50 Twitter complaints (of the 100 million in use) and decide it's a global tidal wave. Then they go away after a few weeks.

My 6 had the same life before and after, other than the first 2-3 cycles that are needed to rebuild internal data/history/etc. My 8 is running 9-10 hours per charge.

I upgrade when upgrades are available. I've been doing it for 3 years. Never had a problem.

Yes, some percentage will have a problem. Just like some percentage fail everyday when not upgrading.
I'm with you, I'll take the update as soon as it's available. Never had an issue. Apple's developer and public beta program sees to that. ios 11 was run for months before it was released. Honestly, I'd say it's a model for other companies. That being said, you will always find issues in the wild. The reason I went up is the features available were worth the low risk. Specifically with iPads.

A wise man once said: "If you want to wait until software doesn't have bugs, you'll never get it".

If you look at release notes for fixes in ios 11.0.1/2/3, you'll see that they are very minor fixes that only affected a few users (i.e. the peeps who replaced their screens with knockoffs).

Disclaimer: I sell software for a living. I'm always an early adopter. If I see that "Software Update" button I'm pushing it. It's addictive like crack (or so I'm told).