FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shocking !!! Great set of BA flights
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:12 am
stevie

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I loved this Forum. It has saved me ££££ over the years and taught me much. However, I too nearly fell in that trap. I kept thinking none of this happens to me or is it that I learnt years ago that the days of gracious and elegant flying are as dead as last years mutton.

I watch people slabbing around the airport attired as though they were going to the Laundrette. I had one man putting his feet up on the bulkhead for all to admire to name but two. They fly premier cabins and have airs and graces to match, but no class, education maybe but no manners. No, the world has changed and not for the better. We now have people ordering food and drinks and not even looking at the person in front of them. I’m paying so I’m the Big I Am. Gentlemen and Ladies stand out these days. Snobbish? You betcha, but I did my job as I love people. If I have a problem, I talk to someone not to the Internet.

BA are not perfect, they need a good kick up the backside on the Managment Team, and they are far from a luxury carrier. With their pension deficit they can’t afford to, I imagine.

So, for all it’s faults, I and millions like me stick with the tried and tested until it gets too bad. Then we leave quietly and without a fuss. I’ve always wanted - dreamed even if creating a Joan Collins drama and flouncing out the door.

Trouble is I’d start giggling at my own ridiculousness and bang would go my image forever
Most people I see and deal with in life are decent. Your post above is an over critical generalisation IMO, I see as many ill mannered passengers as I see snobs, and they are in the vast vast minority. I ignore both ends of the spectrum, and focus on my own journey, trying to be nice to people I interact with.

The way people are dressing or putting their feet up is very small stuff, and yes the world is changing dramatically, so you either embrace it, or long for yesteryear.

Just my 2 cents.