FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not true -Delta has indicated to me there will be NO global upgrades to Delta Suites?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:04 pm
NecessaryIndulgences

Programs: DL DM/2.9M, AA EXP, *A Gold
Originally Posted by ryandc99
I have successfully waitlisted for Delta one on DTW-NRT. I was booked in Premium select.

It will likely be a day of departure or gate clearing on this route. I will report back on my success.
We have also had no problem waitlisting GUCs for DTW-NRT and NRT-DTW for Nov. Booked on a ridiculously cheap X fare. Agent didn't even bother to ask if we wanted to apply these to upgrade to PE - she just automatically put the waitlist in for J.

Early on after the A350 announcement, they weren't selling seats at all because of the crazy high prices they were attempting. Now the J fares are down by about 40% from when we booked, and the seats are going away quickly. It will definitely go to the gate - if there are even any seats left by then.

HUCA if you aren't getting these GUCs to work on the A350. It is definitely possible. I don't have any official source for this - so I could be mistaken - but Delta One is Delta One, regardless of what aircraft. Revenue fare codes being sold include C, D, Z, I, J, just like the D1 cabin in any other aircraft. Award fare code is O. I expect the GUC upgrade fare code will be OY just like it is for other aircraft.