FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reasonable Motels in Hollywood/LAX area
View Single Post
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:55 pm
DaileyB

PTravel: " The San Fernando Valley is huge, but areas like Sherman Oaks, Studio City and Burbank, all of which are in the San Fernando Valley, are just over the hill from Downtown, Hollywood and West Los Angeles (give or take). Finally, please understand that there is very little in Hollywood proper that is of interest."

I realize there is little in Hollywood. Am mostly looking for the San Fernando type attractions. I am looking for touristy things to keep my 12-year-old daughter happy, and some real chances at interaction with people in the film industry to keep my son happy. This excursion is purely for my children. I have no interest in Hollywood at all. The ideas suggested in my nearly contemporaneous thread such as attending film screenings and potentially TV taping are good if feasible. Also, one person suggested that my son volunteer as a camera helper -- that is something I know he would like.

Would also add that my children have a 37-year-old older cousin in the Rowland Hts area who we may visit. That is somewhat iffy because this side of the family is large and there have been family tensions that may not make a visit feasible. (No tensions with me or children -- simply tensions with other cousins and aunts and uncles)