FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NYE in Rio
Thread: NYE in Rio
View Single Post
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:14 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RafKa
Every single restaurant on the beachfront in Copa (and all the kiosks) will be organizing a party. Because everything in Brazil is done last minute, most won't even have finalized their pricing until 1 month before.

U$300p/p will cover a party at most hotels and any restaurants including food and alcohol.

Note that any restaurants at street level will not have a good view of the fireworks, so most guests will go to the beach for the fireworks and then return.

I would recommend Venga tapas bar, which should fall whithin your budget and has a great location. If you want to splurge and have a "once in a lifetime" you could consider the ballroom at the Copacabana Palace, complete with a gourmet dinner, but that will be in the vicinity of U$800-1000p/p
I'd certainly pick the Copacabana Palace over the Marriott for almost the same price, although it would be easiest/safest to also stay in the Copacabana Palace.

The cheap option might be to get a ocean/fireworks view room at the Marriott or wherever and enjoy the view from your room (or suite), combined with a careful stroll on the beach. Assuming that your room has an in-room safe, I'd leave everything there except for the room keycard, a bit of cash, and perhaps a passport card as ID in a secure pocket only, with no wallet, purse, backpack, etc.