FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MH3 from London damages nose gear before or upon landing
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:46 pm
wantan

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by LA757
I flew back on this A380 from the UK in August and half the IFE's in economy malfunctioned and could not work for the entire flight.

Malaysia Airlines has for many many years neglected to look after their aircraft. It is a culture within the organization and the [conforming moderator edit to original quote.]

They simply do not have the same standards or will to keep their aircraft as new/clean as possible the way perhaps Singapore Airline does when it comes to maintaining their assets as a comparison.

I do not think they even clean the leather economy or business class seats with a wet cloth and soap even daily when the aircraft is finished for the day or at least once a week.

And you see footmarks on the front seats sometimes.

Mas Wings is a subsidiary of Malaysia Airlines and if you want a prime example of an airliner that does not bother with cleanliness, check out how dirty their planes are and all the noises you hear from the wheels and body of the aircraft when it taxis. Very very scary.
While I agree with your points, generalizing Malaysia as a whole as neglectful is hyperbole.

AirAsia in comparison has clean planes despite the above average sectors each fly per day.

Which is a mystery considering MH has a minimum 30 minute turn around for domestic flights, while AK literally boards passengers as soon as the plane is empty.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Oct 16, 2017 at 8:13 pm Reason: Conforming moderator edit.