FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mixed cabin / class award issues, questions, discussion
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:32 pm
AAExecPlatFlier

Programs: AA EP
Simple. Call AA and ask if there are any other flights out of Albany that u can get F. This is involuntary so don’t let them say “but saver F is not avail”. If there is another flight/routing with F you should be accommodated on it.

I don’t know the Albany schedule, are there still any flights that Have F out of Albany?

Now, if there are no other options that have F. Or if the schedule doesn’t work, you are not due any miles back or compensation. My god it is a short flight. The rest of ur itinerary is in F! If u want to make a statement and kick and cry over not having F on alb dca then ask to be moved back to Y for the entire trip and have it repriced in points to Y

Originally Posted by hurnik
Hello.

Originally booked (2) First class tickets:
ALB -> DCA -> DFW -> OGG for travel on 2/1/18 (overnighting in DFW).
57.5k miles each ticket

I never got notice, but saw the posts about all the schedule changes. Sure enough.

They've changed the flights (2nd time already, but 1st time we still had first all the way through).

Now the flight leaves earlier (instead of at 5:50 p.m. it's now 5:05 p.m.) and is no longer first class from ALB to DCA.

Doesn't appear there are any First seats period on any night flights ALB to DCA any longer.

So my choices (as I see them):

1) Do nothing and "eat" the miles.
2) Try to see if I can piece together another itinerary and see if AA will let me change to that using the 57.5k miles (probably unlikely given how much trouble I have with AA and IRROPS)

3) Ask for mileage compensation? What would be "acceptable"? They'll probably say "tough", I'm sure.

Thanks!