FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:30 pm
Petrus

IC ANA Tokyo

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Executive. Received Premium. That is a 1 cat UG... arrived very late so hotel was full. They said to speak to manager in the morning and apologised. As it was late after a long day of travel this was a good idea.
Spoke to Club manager next day who profusely apologised that all rooms over Premium sold out during stay (was correct). Offered 10K points, 3 extra drink vouchers and as late check as needed effectively on last day. Had a midnight departure so this was a fair arrangement.

How are the rooms?
Probably about 22m2 but in good nick with modern IC interior with a Japanese twist. Bed and pillows super comfortable. Fantastic view over parts of Tokyo from 29th floor. Work desk and a sofa by the window.

How is the exec. lounge?
It is very good.Best I've visited to date. Generous breakfast, lots of made to order items. Superb service. Supper is great also and there's a bartender.
I only had breakfast once and supper once though as there's so much food to discover in Tokyo!

Did you receive a welcome gift?
The usual large bottle of Mineral water and and fruit plate.

How was the minibar?

OK. Well stocked with Champagne, premium spirits, wine beer etc.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
- Fantastic lounge
- Great gym. Good facilities.
- Nice bar on 36
- Fantastic Teppanyaki with Wagyu steak on 37. Takeshi blew me away. Expensive but worth it on special occasions.
- Location. As close you can get to most areas in massive Tokyo. Area around hotel a bit dull however you walk 15 miutes to Roppongi, 25 to Ginza, 30 to Tsukiji.
- As mentioned, I got to stay and use hotel facilities until my 21.30 departure for Haneda. Nice gesture.

-Bad
- Poor upgrade but well compensated for.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Yes.

Would you return?
Absolutely.