FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Days in Milan
View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:15 pm
Perche

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by ckendall
While Milan is not the easiest city to love, there are some worthwhile things to see. Others will disparage Milan and tell you to get out as soon as possible, but I stay there a lot (for business) and have found many interesting things to see. I leave the day trips to others but I have enjoyed Mantova and Verona.

In the center of the city the Duomo and the adjacent Galleria Vittorio Emanuele are worth some time. La Scala is nearby as is the fashion "Quadrilateral" and some important museums: Brera and Pinacoteca Ambrosiana, Palazzo Reale (depends on what they are showing) and Museo del Novecento (more modern Italian art). In addition, Castello Sforzesco and the House museums (Poldi Pezzoli, Necchi Campiglio and Bagatti Valsecchi) are worth a visit. And of course the Last Supper.

There is a lot of good food in Milan (see other threads for recommendations) and shopping.
I agree. I would just add that on a 4 day trip, you don’t really have time for day trips. Rome is not a day trip from Milan. Back and forth it amounts to a day on a train. You might have time to get on the local train to Varenna, and take the ferry over to Bellagio, but it depends on the time of the year. You can do that now, can’t do it next month.