Old Oct 16, 17, 12:06 pm
Brendan

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
Small corrections to Globalist's otherwise-excellent letter:

\Dear Hilton,

On the <insert transaction date> i have purchased <insert number> Honors points at a value of <insert price> for my Honors account. I have made another transaction on <insert transaction date> for <insert number> Honors points at a value of <insert price>.

On the <insert date> I was informed of the closure of my Honors account for supposed fraudulent transaction(s). I am not aware of any fraudulent activity in my account and have not received a detailed explanation from your side or a chance to discuss on the phone this perceived issue to clarify. why a transaction was made to prevent closure.

I am aware of the option by Hilton to close the account as per the program terms and conditions, this is not a concern where points are awarded at no cost as loyalty benefit. In this case however I have purchased points at a direct cost and am not able to enjoy the intended use because if of this account closure by Hilton. Unless the account is re-instated I would require the financial transactions to be cancelled and the funds to be returned to my credit card.