FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:02 pm
lgusti

Originally Posted by geckoflyer
Another data point:

8:30am ET today - Transferred 25,000 - Has not posted 3 hours later
11:15am ET today - Transferred 12,000 - Posted instantly
Had similar issue with this delay on transferring the UR to Mileageplus.

On Thu 10/12 - 9PM PST, transferred 1,000 points to test, received instantly
On Thu 10/12 - 9:15PM PST, transferred 254,000 points, still not showing up until today Monday 10/16, 10:57 AM PST

This is driving me nuts, I've been calling both United and Chase, and both keep pointing finger at each other. I've done these big transfer every year when we go on vacation, and never had this issue before.

On the weekend when I called United, they insisted that it has to be 72 hours before they can do anything.
Early AM today when I called united and told them it has been 72 hours, and they told me it's Chase issue, nothing they can do on their end.

I called Chase again and they're going to escalate it to their Marketing department.

Chase told me that it might take 1-7 business day to transfer to partner and it's not instant, I told them that their email confirmation for the transfer did not specify that, here is the exact language Most point transfers process instantly. Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and IHG® Rewards Club point transfers usually process by next business day. Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer point transfers process within 2 business days.

I just hope when everything is all taken care of, my reward flight still available, otherwise I'm going to get stuck with United points.